Monday, March 26, 2007

Some Nice Freeware

For anyone who is interested in developing your own methods you know that downloading data can be a chore - I've been doing it by hand for so many years it is second nature to me now but it does cut into the fun time.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the readers, Joseph, provided us with a link to a great site full of freeware and one of the items was AnalyzerXL. It is found here.

I've now tried AnalyzerXL (it embeds in your excel spreadsheet as a tool) and I can tell you that once you figure out the quirks it is a joy to use. I can bring dozens of stocks into my pivot point analysis application in the time it used to take me to do a handful. There are a number of features on AnalyzerXL that I haven't tried yet but I will get to them presently.

Thank you Joseph for finding this wonderful tool.

Update - I found out shortly after publishing this that the "free" part only lasts for a short time - this morning they wanted 49.95 from me for the registration key - I like this program so much I gave them their money - it saved me 49.95 worth of time already.

Thank you anyway Joseph - even if it wasn't free per se it is worth the little bit that it cost.