Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Bookshelf

I'm a reader - I read all day long and when evening comes I read some more. I probably have a thousand books around here that cover just about every subject you can think of and then some and someday I'll have to get rid of most of them. But three books I will not part with until I'm done trading are -

Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter (just the process alone makes the book worth reading - you must have a process to succeed)

Technical Analysis from A to Z by Steven B. Achelis (even though 95% of this can now be found on the internet it will remain in my library)

Candlestick Charting Explained by Gregory L. Morris (detailed analysis of each pattern that you are likely to find plus computerized analysis of the patterns coupled with other TA methods - this book was the reason I sought out a capability such as stockfetcher).

There are dozens upon dozens of books out there on the subject of trading but you can't learn how to trade from a book. But you can learn how to use the tools. And that is the most important thing to learn.

1 comment:

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Excellent book review.