Sunday, January 14, 2007

Superior Growth

According to a Motley Fool throwaway attempting to sell you one of their myriad services containing exclusive information that only you and several hundred thousand to maybe several million other lucky people will receive on exactly the same day - of the 348 companies that offered 20% annualized returns over the past decade - 325 were small caps 10 years ago. Thank you Motley and Fool - you are dismissed now. I won't go into their rap - you can read for yourself as to the key factor in all this blather - what I would rather talk about is probability.

The small cap index is commonly called the Russell 2000 and it is called that for a reason - can anyone guess - Ferris? Sally? No one? - OH Kay I'll tell you why - because it contains two thousand small cap stocks. Now you don't have to believe me - you can look it up. Go ahead - count 'em if you want - I'll wait. (If you don't know much about the Russell indexes (that's the way they refer to them) go to Wikipedia and type in "Russell 2000" and you will get a complete and quick history). (Also IWM which I track daily is the ETF for the Russell 2000).

Now I'm going to make a broad and absolutely guaranteed prediction - in those 2000 stocks there are a certain number that will be producing 20% annualized returns 10 years from now. I don't know which ones they are but I know for a fact that they are in there.

OK - I've done the heavy lifting for you - I've whittled the list down from over 7500 to only 2000 - all you have to do is find that handful of stocks. Trust me - it's easy - Just ask Motley Fool.

1 comment: