Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Morning

There is nothing more disheartening than watching one of your favorite holdings put 60 cents on right off the bat then give up over half of that in the next 15 minutes. I can not figure out why that happens. No matter - I added to AKS anyway on the pullback and now it looks like it is going to try to reclaim the lost ground.

I put HST into the portfolio - one of the stocks that I mentioned in an earlier post. and I will be adding AV in a little while. Both of these for swing trading.

Looks like we might have a reasonable day after all - I don't know why a reduction in the number of unemployment claims means anything other than people just giving up but apparently the market loves it even though full employment will require the Fed to raise interest rates - go figure.

Have a good day - see you all later in the Wrap.

No comments: