Thursday, December 07, 2006

Passion!

I read Dr. Brett's BLOG both because I am a believer in the technical aspect of the game (i.e. esoteric stuff such as the Put/Call ratio and the TICK) and I believe in the psychology of the game.

For example - it's 2 A.M. and after a solid 3 hours of sleep I awaken with an idea - most people would go back to sleep - I get up and shuffle over to my office (next to my bedroom) and start to work on it.

I've been trading for a number of years following several other careers that I was also passionate about. I'm not saying that you have to get out of bed at 2 A.M. to prove the point - but if you ever do and it's because of a trading idea - then you probably want to do this job for a long time.

By the way - it's 5:30 A.M. the idea didn't work out - but I'm up now so I might as well put on a pot of coffee and get ready to go to work. The overnights (futures) are green and the FTSI is up. It's gonna be a great day!

Passion!

No comments: