Saturday, December 09, 2006

Link Exchange

Not ordinarily. Take a quick look at the BLOGs in the roll and you will see one consistent theme - everyone of them is written by people who have an overwhelming desire to first - publish frequently (in some cases maybe a little too much but who is counting) but even more importantly and, second: to - teach - me - something.

Me - they want to teach ME (and that means they want to teach you something too). Even better - for free - and if some of them advertise their friends or their books so what - they give of their time and effort to teach me. I really, really, really appreciate that.

Of lesser importance but of some consideration is that they have a sense of humor. This is a serious business we are in - if we don't laugh and laugh frequently we will all go stark raving nuts.

If I visit your BLOG I will bookmark it and then return frequently - at least once a day - looking to see what you have to say now. If I keep coming back and finding the same old tired post surrounded by the latest in Google ads** I'm not going to list you nor visit you any more. When I do visit I will be looking for number two above (teaching). If I find that you want to teach me something (even something I might already know) I will add you to my blogroll without reciprocation required.

My belief is simple - if you like what you see here and you want to share it fine - if not fine. If I stay current, humorous, and keep trying to teach people eventually people will find me. I'm going to keep writing it regardless - it is my trader's autobiography.

** Don't get me wrong - I know that GOOG offers the ad package and a lot of folks put it on their sites - that's their business and it doesn't bother me as long as the site is kept frequently updated - otherwise the site only exists to sell hits for the ad company and that is just plain a waste of my time. And I won't recommend a time waster to others.

5 comments:

Cal said...

On the link exchange issue, I've already added your blog, because I read it often and enjoy the material published. Oh yea, I post everyday as well, so gimme a glance, tell me what you think, and link me! ;-)
-CalTrader

Trading Goddess said...

What if I am already stark raving nuts? LOL!

Keep up the good work you do here. YOU are teaching me.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the pupil teaching the teacher. Best idea ever. A true lifelong learner I see here in you.

I added you to my Stock Traders Ticker Symbol Portfolio b/c there aren't enough women represented there and I figure you should have a chance as well. Just you, Michelle B., Tradding Goddess, and Lindsay Campbell from Wallstrip. It is for the humor - nothing more. the winner gets, well I have decided yet. I am winning so far (just luck I guess), but I have a feeling that will change.

And yes, humor is the key to this thing. If you can't laugh...

I agree with Traging Goddess, what if you are already crazy or nuts as you say? Is there still hope for us? Are we to languish in crazidom forever?

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I don't use ad's, but posting can be a challenge some days. I'll try and work on that.

Anonymous said...

Great site!

I forgot to mention that you have a great site.

Very informative.

Thnaks

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I saw your MAMA MIA post and not seeing many blogs that trade these types of stocks,which in my many yrs of trading imo are the best stocks to stalk,that i refer to as BB squeeze/volume increase/price increase stocks (sq/vol/br),I read your blog and find it very interesting.
On my blog if you care to check it out,http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/
I describe the different ways I play these SQ/VOL/Br's.

Regards,Muddy