Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday

Somedays like today you sit around all day watching paint dry and then all of a sudden in the last hour it hands you a buck - last hour,Friday here's a buck enjoy your weekend. And so I will.

Grabbed MRK this A.M. at 39.65 and it slowly crawled its way up to 39 and minichange by 2 P.M. I figure oh well it's a small profit and I've got nowhere to go let's hold it till 3:30 at least unless it backs up from here. Next thing I know its chugging and I slap a sell on it on its way back from 39.75 and catch a buck even. Somedays all you have to do is show up.

I had a couple of others but nothing of note and I sold them both off for a little change over break even. They were NKTR and ATHR (which I hate but it looked good this morning for a bit). I would have done OK on either or both of them if I had been patient. But I didn't like the way the market was shaping up so I figured one position would be enough if it went to hell.

I'll be back later this weekend with my predictions for next week and some other odds and ends. Now remember rule 1 - nobody knows nothing and you will understand clearly where this week came from.

No comments: