Sunday, February 25, 2007

SSCC Setting Up?

We've been working with the monthly charts this morning and I happened to notice a couple of charts that appear very similar (fooled by randomness?) in SIAL and SSCC.

First SIAL



and then SSCC



You can see how SIAL set up many months ago so I'm wondering - is SSCC setting up now in the same manner? SSCC is a paper and paper products company not hardly in the league with WY or IP but it has been around for a long time. What intrigues me about this stock is the fact that the insider activity is a constant barrage of acquiring stock (directly at no charge) and selling it off immediately. In the past 12 months there have been 98(!) insider transactions but the net effect was to increase their holdings and there were more buys than sells in a ratio of 2 to 1 both during that time and in the past 3 months.

I've followed SSCC for a number of years and every once in awhile take a piece of it. It never did much so I never held it for long but this looks like a good opportunity to buy some for a bit more than a couple of days hold. If I decide to do so on Monday I'll let you know.

If you decide to buy some of this stock you will do so on your own - not as a result of anything I've said.